These are all wonderful resources and organizations. While they are all beneficial, I described two that I choose to be a member of.
- American Association of School Librarians (AASL)
- The American Library Association (ALA) This is the oldest and largest library association in the world. As a large and established organization,
they have strong partnerships with multiple influential groups. The mission of ALA is “to provide leadership for the development, promotion and improvement of library and information services and the profession of librarianship in order to enhance learning and ensure access to information for all.”
- The International Association of School Librarians (IASL)
- Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA)
- Association for Library Services to Children (ALSC)
- International Society for Technology Education (ISTE) ISTE started out as a grassroots effort to bring together educators who share their belief in educational technology. They directly help educators and students with a set of international standards and many professional networks. They also have an awesome conference and it's in Denver in 2016.
- Association for Educational Communications & Technology (AECT)
- Georgia Library Media Association (GLMA)
- Georgia Association for Instructional Technology (GAIT)